In the not too distant future, we will all be living in a digital world. This is not a new prediction- many futurists have spoken about the rise of the metaverse for years. And with the arrival of virtual reality, augmented reality, and blockchain technology, it seems that this future is finally becoming a reality. One of the most exciting aspects of this digital world is the way it is changing fashion.
The newest wave of fashion is digital, and it is here to stay.
The digital revolution has paved the way for wearable tech, which is basically clothing that is embedded with technology such as sensors, displays, lights, or even batteries. This means that you can wear smart clothes like jackets that tell you when you’re getting sick or sneakers that track your steps and calories burned. And this trend isn’t just limited to functional items: now we also have pieces like high tech dresses and holographic heels available for purchase!
But what really makes this new wave of fashion so impressive is its potential for sustainability. With the rise of 3D printing technology, we are able to create nearly zero waste garments by using only the amount of material that is needed for each item. This means that we can finally embrace the trend towards minimalism without sacrificing comfort and style. With all of these exciting developments, it’s clear that digital fashion is here to stay.
If you love this idea, consider checking out some of the best 3D fashion brands to watch in 2022:
1. MetaWear: This wearable tech startup based in London is redefining how we wear technology by creating fashionable and functional clothing items like jackets that protect us from illness and boots that can track our steps and elevation gain.
2. Nike VaporMax Flyknit Sneakers: These high-tech sneakers from Nike are not only stylish but also have built-in sensors that measure distance traveled and calories burned. With these awesome shoes on your feet, you’ll be able to keep track of your activity level with ease!
3. Catbird x Strange Lab: Catbird is a New York-based fashion brand that specializes in smart jewelry and accessories. Their collaboration with Strange Lab, a 3D printing startup, has resulted in some amazing pieces like holographic heels and digital rings that can light up to create unique designs!
4. Naiise x TouchDesigner: This partnership between Naiise, an online marketplace for innovative products from Asia, and TouchDesigner, a visual programming software platform for art installations, has led to the creation of beautiful clothing pieces like dresses embedded with motion sensors and interactive lights. If you’re looking for the latest trends in digital fashion, look no further than this incredible collaboration!
5. ODD MACHINE: This is a cleverly named Seattle-based 3D fashion startup that is creating high-tech clothing like jackets featuring weather updates and sweat-resistant outerwear. With their laser cut designs and innovative fabric choices, ODD MACHINE is definitely a brand to keep an eye on as we head into 2019.
Whether you’re excited about the arrival of the digital age or are just curious to see what the future of fashion looks like, there’s no doubt that 3D fashion is here to stay. As with any new technology, however, there are still some wrinkles to iron out: Digital/wearable fashion brings up important questions about privacy and security when it comes to personal data, for example. But as this exciting new trend continues to develop, there's no doubt that it will revolutionize the way we dress and live our lives.